Blueair HEPASilent particle filter for the 400 series is the ideal choice for allergy and asthma sufferers as well as other health-conscious individuals that need high-efficiency particle removal. Patented HEPASilent filter technology generally provides higher filtration performance than other air purifiers, trapping up to six times more dirt. Fine polypropylene fibers effectively capture 99.97% of airborne particles. The Blueair 3-stage progressive filter effectively removes every type of PM2.5 particulate air pollutant including allergens, pollen, mold spores, dust, pet dander, bacteria, and viruses.
Blueair’s patented HEPASilent® technology combines the best features of electrostatic and mechanical filter technology to enable the delivery of more clean air at a faster rate with less noise. Phenomenally low power usage minimizes energy consumption. Plus Blueair air purifiers actually reduce the levels of ozone in indoor air.
How it works:
- Air is drawn into the Blueair system via the ultra-quiet fan.
- Airborne particles pass through an ion chamber and are electrically charged. This causes them to adhere effortlessly to the innovative polypropylene filters.
- Charged particles are removed in the gradient structure filter, where the first layers captures larger particles like pollen and dust. The following, gradually finer filter structure will filter out even the smallest particles like cigarette smoke and exhaust. Together, the encapsulated ion chamber and gradient structure filter combine to create Blueair’s patented HEPASilent® technology
- Delivering maximum airflow with minimum noise the gradient structure filter is like having multiple filters in one.
Renaud Air Tips on Filter Maintenance
- Although the most effective filters in the world, all HEPA filters over time becomes filled with particles, decreasing its filtration performance. We recommend replacing your filter every 6 months for severe concerns or when running your air purifier 24/7.
- Renaud Air strongly advises against washing or vacuuming the white HEPA style material, as it is likely you will damage the fibers and diminish its effectiveness.
- After changing the filter be sure the reset your Blueair timer in the machine for another continuous 6 months so you know when to change the filter next.